home - calendar - services - groups - children & young people - weddings & baptisms - hall - ministry team - history - safeguarding
We have changed some of our activities because of Coronavirus (COVID-19). But St Oswald's is still here as a church to serve our congregation and our community at large. Click here for more information.
St Oswald's is committed to being as accessible as possible to everyone.
We have the following facilities:
- Parking outside the church is unrestricted - but please be considerate of our neighbours.
- Step-free access entering the church - please use the gate near the war memorial and follow the path to the left and round the side of the church to the North door (the one nearest Thirsk).
- Automatic door opener on the North door.
- Step-free access to the pews and seats within the church.
- Hearing loop system.
- Accessible toilet with baby changing facilities.
- Space in church to easily accommodate wheelchairs, pushchairs and prams.
- At times during services the congregation is invited to stand, but you are most welcome to remain seated.
- If you find the pews uncomfortable, please ask for a chair.
- Gluten free bread is available during Communion (please ask the minister).
- Step-free access on paths throughout the churchyard.
We have the following facilities at the parochial hall:
- Designated parking space in the car park for disabled people.
- Step-free access entering and within the main hall.
- Accessible toilet.
home - contact us - find us - mission link - links - safeguarding - access statement - privacy, cookies & copyright
© 2021 The Parochial Church Council of the Ecclesiastical Parish of St Oswald Sowerby.
Registered charity number 1135485.